Matthew T. McGregor
469.585.1702 | email@example.com
Proven track record in entertainment management and production demonstrating strong creative and advanced technical skills, effective production supervision, and the ability to successfully develop and deliver products.
GoMcGregorGo[dot]com Coppell, TX
GoMcGregorGo[dot]com is an independent entertainment production company providing engineering, studio design, technical consulting, internet promotions and multimedia production services.
2005-Present: Independent Producer / Owner
- Freelancing for music and media production clients including Radioscape Music, Hooper Music Productions, ABC Radio Networks, Radio Disney, Clear Channel Communications and dozens of radio stations worldwide.
- Managing day to day creative, business and technical operations in addition to the quality assurance of studio facilities.
- Contracting with vendors/talent and managing client relationships.
- Specifying and installing technical solutions to production and communication problems.
- Training, supervising and directing interns in media production and studio operations.
WOW! Entertainment, Inc. Dallas, TX
WOW! Entertainment is a multimedia production company and the largest independent provider of themed entertainment to the Six Flags and Premier Parks theme park systems. Clients include Walt Disney Pictures (102 Dalmatians), Hollywood Records, Rhino Records, Carnival Cruise Lines, McGraw-Hill Publishing and Hal Leonard Publishing.
2001-2005: Director / Entertainment Manager
- Elevated music production to the dominant growth area in the company through re-engineering the production process, improving budgets, and driving studio expansion. As a result, music production revenue increased from 10% to over 50% of total company revenues.
- Managed operational and production aspects of studio facilities, live show productions and product/project development.
- Worked with executives on strategic plans for entertainment product development, client retention, studio production goals and sales efforts to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Collaborated with a creative team on projects from concept development through final delivery - including live shows, audio and video productions and publishing accounts.
- Co-produced title track to Walt Disney Pictures release “102 Dalmatians” for film and soundtrack CD. Also contributed as chief audio engineer, performer and sound designer for soundtrack and film opening elements.
- Wrote, arranged, recorded and produced music for themed shows and publishers. Collaborated as Associate Producer on over 400 singles for McGraw-Hill Publishing and the State of Texas General Music Education curriculum.
- Contracted with talent and managed multiple talent and client relationships.
- Specified and implemented technical solutions to production problems among remote production facilities from coast to coast.
1996-2001: Production Manager
- Managed and supervised all aspects of show productions including schedules, budgets, quality checks, vendor and client relationships, technical setups, auditions, rehearsals, performance evaluations, sound and lighting integration and show performances for theme park clients.
- Produced, edited, recorded and arranged popular and classical choral arrangements for the Hal Leonard and McGraw-Hill publishing companies - approximately 25-30 titles annually.
- Installed multi-channel surround soundtracks for theatrical clients.
- Production work on soundtracks for Six Flags Corporation, Carnival Cruise Lines and Dolly Parton’s “Dixie Stampede” dinner theatre attractions. Shows included the Austin City Limits “Legends” show, the “HOWL” Halloween show, “Boy2K”, the “Grease Monkeys”, “The Big Time Review”, “It’s Alright”, “Xtreme Country” and “The Christopher Allan Graves Show.”
Shadow Tribe Productions Dallas, TX
Shadow Tribe Productions provided business services for the touring band Shadow Tribe as well as managed independent music productions. Shadow Tribe performed for industrials and corporate functions as well as a premier list of A-clubs in the southern United States. Clients included Kaleidoscope Entertainment, Circle R Ranch, Cowboys and Billy Bobs Texas.
1991-1996: Independent Music Producer / Owner
- Managed the music production business with 6 full time employees which included booking talent, promoting live shows and touring as a band member.
- Produced live shows which included designing sound and lighting system specifications, creating technical riders and training event crews.
- Provided creative direction for the implementation of special effects, lighting, sound reinforcement, staging and show automation systems for live shows.
- Recorded and released two commercial CDs featuring vocalist Tom Koshy.
- Provided music and theory lessons as a private music instructor.
- Expert: Pro-Tools, Digital Performer, Finale, Audio Engineering & Sound Design, DAW
- Advanced: : Lighting and Show Automation, CAD, Sketch, Video Production
- Expert: Computer composition & sound design, DAW, Pro-Tools, Digital Performer
- Expert: Network technologies, Windows & Mac OS
- Expert: MS Word, Excel and Office suit.
- Advanced: Macromedia Studio Suite 2004, HTML, XHTML, CSS
- Advanced: Adobe CS, Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro
- Working Knowledge: Lighting and Show Automation, CAD, Sketch, Video Production
May 1991 University of North Texas Denton, TX
Bachelor of Arts: Mathematics Minor: Jazz Studies